Public Safety Verification
Screening for terrorism, money laundering or serious organised crime.
Screening for terrorist activity and the financing of terrorist related activity has become more commonplace for a number of regulated industries (including finance, government, energy and utilities, and aviation and airside), in addition to the standard pre-employment background checks.
These regulations are designed to prevent terrorism and maintain security by only employing individuals who have not been flagged as a participant in any adverse or terrorism-related activities.
Complying With International Standards
Sterling’s Public Safety Verification accesses a comprehensive database of individuals and groups that are recognised threats and can be requested in order to comply with industry regulations. By screening candidates against a database containing over 400 different sources, Sterling is able to discover individuals who have been identified as being involved in or having links to terrorism, money laundering, or other serious organised crimes.
Sources accessed as part of the Public Safety Verification process at Sterling include:
- FCA Financial Services Register
- FCA List of Unauthorised Individuals
- HM Treasury Consolidated List
- Home Office
- National Crime Agency
- Serious Fraud Office
- European Union Restrictive Measures (sanctions)
- Asset Freeze Lists
- Terror Co-Operation
- Travel Ban Lists
- Advisory Notices
- Bureau of Industry and Security
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- US General Services Administration
- Treasury Department
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- Designated Terrorist Lists
- Debarred Parties
- Designated Terrorist organisations
- Non-Proliferation Sanctions (various)
- Blocked, Denied, Entity and Debarred Persons Lists
- Specially Designated Nationals Lists (SDN)
- FINCEN Money Laundering Concerns
How to create the perfect recruitment journey: From employer value proposition to candidate selectionRegister Now
Want to talk background checks or brainstorm about hiring solutions? Need us to just listen? Whatever the reason, we are here to help.
EMEA+44 (0) 1792 478838
Canada+001 866 881 2011
APAC+60 3 9212 5859
EMEA Corporate Address
Sterling (EMEA) Ltd
8th Floor, Alexandra House
1 Alexandra Road
1 State Street Plaza